Emerging Leaders Academy
Research from McKinsey Institute shows that most critical step in long-term career advancement for women begins at the very first rung of the ladder – or at one’s first promotion into leadership. Yet, the leadership development resources for this level of employee are often minimal and fail to provide adequate resources that help women navigate leadership for the first time and effectively aquire the skills needed to ascend. Emerging Leaders Academy (ELA) is specifically designed for new and emerging high-potential female leaders; to equip them with the skills, support, and network to thrive in leadership throughout their careers.
The course is organized in monthly themes that were determined based on our research of successful executive women at The Center for Leadership Excellence and the existing body of research regarding new and emerging leaders. Educational content, resources, activities and homework are organized in alignment with the monthly theme.
Female-Only Cohorts in 2023
Three cohorts are being offered in 2023 due to demand for the course!
- March 2023: Beginning March 9, 2023 and meeting every 2nd Thursday of the month through February 2024. Class will meet in Carmel.
- June 2023: Beginning June 1, 2023 and meeting every 1st Thursday of the month through May 2024. Class will meet in Carmel.
- September 2023: Beginning September 22, 2023 and meeting every 4th Thursday of the month through August 2024. Class will meet at Ivy Tech Lawrence Campus at Fort Ben.
The program is specifically designed for female emerging and high potential leaders. Participants may be new to leadership or in the pipeline to take on more responsibility. They may be leading a team, but desire or need additional training or resources to more effectively lead or advance their team.
When ? Where ?
We are offering thgree female-only cohorts in 2023. Each class meeting is from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. in-person (as allowed). Virtual attendance is available for individuals not in the Indianapolis area.
The course is organized in monthly themes that were determined based on our research at The Center for Leadership Excellence and the existing body of research regarding new and emerging leaders. Educational content, resources, activities and homework are organized in alignment with the monthly theme. In the pages that follow, we outline the monthly themes and some of the activities/homework. Course material is subject to change based on current events and participant needs.
- Leadership Development Action Plan & Career Goals
- Internal & External Self-Awareness
- Enhancing Your Leadership Communication Skills
- Managing Priorities, Productivity, and Delegation
- Mindfulness and Balance as a Leader
- Creating Culture & Leading High Performing Teams
- Navigating Conflict
- Building Habits to Reach Your Goals
- Mentors, Sponsors, & Advocates